Interested in becoming part of the CREEL team?
A career at CREEL Printing is truly a one-of-a-kind experience. It’s more than working for one of the largest printing company on the west coast; it’s an opportunity to be a part of a company which is making a big impact in the print world. We are looking for innovative and driven individuals on the path to success. Come explore all the things you didn’t know about us.
Creel Printing is always accepting resumes from individuals that have printing industry experience. In particular, if you have experience in sales, customer
service, prepress, press (sheetfed and web), bindery, shipping, mailing, IT or maintenance, please download our online application and e-mail it along with your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the PDF icon below to download and fully complete our CREEL Printing Employment Application.
Thank you for considering CREEL as a potential employer.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Current Available Positions
Programmer / Sys Admin
Las Vegas, NV
One of the largest commercial printing companies in North America, located in Las Vegas, Nv. Family owned, 60 year old printing company. Monday-Friday 8 to 5. Company subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Aflac, Life insurance and 401(k) and free high fives.
We’re looking for the love child of MacGuyver and Radia Perlman a programmer with basic systems administration experience, who can quickly pick up unfamiliar technologies, diagnose problems and keep everything running smoothly. You need to be calm under pressure, cautious and an excellent communicator. We’re a small team, so when things break at 2am, you need to be available.
Applicants need considerable experience programming. We would rather train a programmer to administer an Exchange Server than the other way around. We could teach a man to fish, or a fish to climb a tree, but if the woodchuck can’t chuck code then we’re all up a creek.
Here’s a partial list of the technologies we want you to be really cozy with.
- Shell Scripting
- Cold Fusion
How to Apply:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send an email with your resume. In your email, go through the sections of the post above, and indicate how you match up with the job. Be specific.
*Bonus points will be assigned arbitrarily based on creativity and sense of humor. Seriously, do you have any idea how boring these resumes are? Instant hire available for anyone that submits their resume via falcon.
Bindery - Cutter Operator
Las Vegas, NV
One of the largest commercial printing companies in North America, located in Las Vegas, Nv. Family owned, 60 year old printing company. Monday-Friday 8 to 5. Company subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Aflac, Life insurance and 401(k).
- Set up and operate machine to automatically cut, fold, stitch, or glue signatures or flat sheets of paper to form paperbound magazines, catalogs, or booklets.
- Read work order/job ticket to determine work instructions. Adjust designated machine for the correct size and specifications.
- Start machine and make trial run; readjust machine setup if necessary.
- Regulate machine speed and take periodic readings of counter and record number of publications produced.
- Examine product periodically for defects.
- Oversee and give verbal direction to bindery helpers engaged in feeding and off-loading product.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance of bindery equipment.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous operating experience in a commercial printing shop
- Must have Perfect Binder experience.
- Able to stand for a 12-hour shift
- Excellent communication skills; able to motivate and supervise helpers assigned to the crew.
Web Press 1st Operator
Las Vegas, NV
One of the largest commercial printing companies in North America, located in Las Vegas, Nv. Family owned, 60 year old printing company. Monday-Friday 8 to 5. Company subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Aflac, life insurance and 401(k).
In that crew leader’s absence, 1st Operators have jurisdiction over the press line and the crewmembers who assist in running the press and folder on their shift. When the crew leader is present, they serve as his/her primary assistant. 1st operators are responsible for supporting crew leaders who maintain all maintenance and training programs for the press and assist in maintaining inventories of supplies and spare parts.
First to the crew leader, then foreman, and/or supervisor.
Lean Expectations (Each employment anniversary year):
- Participate in at least one Lean event or serve as an auditor, Guiding Coalition Member or on the safety committee; and
- Implement at least one improvement idea; and
- Participate in at least one educational experience such as job shadowing, cross-training, webinar, seminar, Lean networking tour, etc.
- Works with crewmembers in operation of press and folder, cleaning and maintaining equipment, changing paper rolls, and performing other assigned duties. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring maintenance activities are thoroughly reported and documented.
- Consistently inspects for and maintains a high quality of web work. As with the crew leader, the 1st operator is responsible to see that all running samples are pulled, inspected, and initialed.
- Ensure sample copies are of the highest quality.
- Aids in enforcing and administrating all SOPs for the crew and makes suggestions on changes to procedures when appropriate.
- Bottom line: Ensures all SOPs are followed.
- Verifies press counts by checking autocount to the counters.
- Helps assume direct responsibility for the cleanliness of the entire press area at all times. Ensures the machine is kept clean during production runs and down time, using the resources of people efficiently as well as instructing other on the crew with their required duties.
- Checks skid flags to make sure they are properly filled out.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure all Autocount printouts and computer entries are correct and accurate regardless if those entries are by themselves or another member of the crew.
- Helps assume responsibility to enforce all safety procedures by members of the crew and themselves such as: PPEs, ergonomics, chemical hazards, etc. and performs these duties in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees for both training and ergonomic reasons.
- Ensures rotation between crewmembers to different tasks throughout shift.
- Knows weekend shut down procedures for the Web Press Department.
- At work station 5 minutes before start of shift.
- Helps assign and direct the work of pressmen and take-off personnel. It is expected that when assigning work, 1st Operators will attempt to divide tasks equally between themselves and others (considering the limits of each person’s experience and ability).
- Helps administer all maintenance programs, tasks, and associated paper work. For instance, this includes being responsible for having all the correct information concerning press runs, paper consumption, and waste information entered into the computer.
- Helps train crewmembers on new items or procedures.
- Follows department’s maintenance program, including keeping logs and charts up-to-date.
- Ensures all crewmembers read, understand, and follow the entire work order of every job and that all discrepancies are resolved.
- Successfully completes the department’s training program and work with crewmembers to ensure they also successfully complete the training.
Management of Personnel Responsibilities:
- Along with the crew leader, assumes responsibility to ensure their press has all required resources. This includes everything from supplies to personnel and reports any shortages of these resources to the Supervisor or Foreman.
- Elevates unresolved or continuing problems to the crew leader, shift supervisor, or foreman.
- Performs on-the-job training for crew members and monitors their development throughout the training program. Aids crew leaders in administrating hands-on and written training for other crewmembers.
- Helps crew leader by providing inputs used to complete annual performance evaluations of other crewmembers.
- Fills in for crew leaders at Crew Leader Meetings if needed and if so, keeps thorough notes to pass on to that crew leader.
- Previous web press experience
- Quality-conscious and production-oriented a must
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Can work well without supervision
- Highly motivated
- Good people management skills
- Possess written and oral communication skills
- Maintain a positive attitude.